Submitting your form to us
Application forms can either be emailed or posted.
Frome College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Your suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. For this post and other posts, prior to appointment at Frome College the Human Resources Department will apply for:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring check,
- Documentary evidence of your identity and right to work in the UK,
- A Children’s Barred list check,
- Two satisfactory references,
- Satisfactory pre-employment health screening
- and for Teachers, a Prohibition Check in relation to the children’s workforce
- Evidence of all relevant qualifications to perform in the role and QTS status or equivalent will also be required for Teaching Staff
In some settings a Declaration will be required in order to meet our obligations under the ‘Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006.
The Application Process
- Please complete the appropriate application form in full (either Teacher or Support Staff Application Form) being sure to highlight any gaps in your employment history.
- Please also prepare a covering letter (no more than two sides of A4) highlighting
- your reasons for applying for this post at Frome College
- your skills and experience to date
- why you are best suited to this role and what you will bring to the College
All applicants must complete an application form in full, to include any gaps in employment and reasons for those gaps. This ensures a full and accurate record is shown of all career and employment history and that the information is presented in the same way for every candidate. This also ensures that every applicant is treated fairly and equally.
Please note that we do not accept CVs as part of the selection process.
The deadline for all applications is 8am on the close date shown, unless otherwise stated.
As well as the above checks, candidates who are offered a post working at Frome College will also be expected to attend necessary and relevant Safeguarding and Prevent Training on commencement of employment at the College.
Closing date: Tuesday 27 June 2017 (8am)
Interview date: Friday 30 June 2017
Closing date: Thursday 6th June 2017 (8am)
Interview date: to be confirmed